I'm posting this just as a curiosity.

I would ask those who have achieved a basic proficiency in an art to kindly list what arts you feel have the most difficult physical training in terms of conditioning (not forms per se) . From what I know (I will still always consider myself a perpetual student no matter how many arts I attain proficiency in). The arts which seem to have the most fatiguing and brutal training are:

1.) Hung Ga/Hung Kuen: At least the way it was practiced in ye olden days: It was reported that old school masters would have beginners stand in a deep sei ping ma (horse stance) daily until a student could stand for 3 *hours* : Then, after this phase was mastered, the REAL training would begin (this does nnot mean that I am implying that this level of endurance is not impressive).

2.) Ying Jow Pai: 50 rows (!!) of Lin Kuen, many, many fingertip pushups, extreme flexibility and emphasis on front and back flips.

3.) Ba Bu Tang Lang (8 step): I have only studied Ba Bu at this time and cannot comment if this is seen in other famiies such as 7 star, 6 harmonies,etc.(so please don't think I am looking down on your art): 100 single leg squats (50 per leg--in other words..left or right leg extended out in front as if one were doing a front kick, then squat down to where butt touches the hell of opposing leg), 50 fingertip pushups.

4.) Chang Chuan/Northern Shaolin: Maybe it's me, but the continual walking/extending while balancing on plum flower stumps doesn't seem especially easy!!

5.) Lung Ying Kuen (southern dragon): footwork while standing on ice..(forces one to extensively train their balance and mind/muscle connection in addition to stabilizer muscles of the whole body), grip training involving filling a 5 gallon water jug with progressively heavier objects.

6.) Southern Mantis: Watch the movie w/ the Great Lo Meng: NUFF SAID!!! (oh and the Dip Gwut Gong) machine which slams like a battering ram into ones torso from the front back is allegedly used! (from what I have been told).

7.) Monkey kung fu/Tai Shing Pek Kwar: Haven't studied any but a former kung fu brother of mine had a previous instructor (in a different art) who studied some TSPK and he claims that it was expected at a certain level to have to stretch for up to 2 hours per day!

I look forward to others thoughtful contributions. (apologies to any art I have have missed)