Thread: #metoo (An Open Secret: Hollywood - Please Watch)

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

The media has been going out of it's way to control the blowback of the Weinstein situation by, in many ways, making it look like "It is just what happens around here, too everybody."; hence, the "Me Too, Me Too" song that is being shared throughout media. Hollywood pedophilia has been hurriedly swept under the media rug. I hope more former child actors step forward.

mickey
    Hi, mickey. I agree 100%. The #Metoo thing has become a cult unto itself. It's actually buried the subject of pedophilia (esp. in Hollywood) even deeper. While it MIGHT have originally started out with positive intentions, the #Metoo movement has devolved into a complete study in self-serving contradictions:

"All men are either perpetrators or enablers."

"Women are endlessly objectified by men."

"Women are the only victims of sexual harassment/sexual violation."

"Women are greater and more powerful than men." (see previous line)

"All women are beautiful, no matter what, and should be seen and accepted as such by all men. Men need to stop objectifying women by ogling women in swimsuits who have idealized bodies that are unrealistic and unattainable to the average woman."

"OTOH, the ideal man must be a certain height, a certain race(s), has 6-or-8-pack abs, and hopefully looks like Channing Tatum or Shemar Moore. Or they better have that $$$." (Note: I'm well aware that not all women have this mentality. But many of the militant #Metoo supporters DO).

At first, I was supportive of the anti-harassment movement. And if it exposes real abusers, then that's a good thing. However, it's become a witch hunt, where an accusation equals guilt without proof. I've never been a fan of Louis C.K., but his uninvitedly playing with himself in front of women meriting the destruction of his career, while big-time Hollywood pedophiles remain free as a bird, tells the whole story. I originally thought that all of this would open the door to the decades-old accounts by Corey Feldman, and all the other former child actors who came forward with reports of pedophilia, but that hasn't happened, and likely never will.

Keep in mind, I am all for equality in representation and respect between the sexes. I am totally against misogyny. But respect has to go both ways, and highlighting one wrong to bolster one's own agenda while purposely hiding another serious injustice is not only wrong, it's evil. The crimes that continue to be perpetrated against underage boys (and girls) in Hollywood are no less horrific (and are often worse in the long-term effects) than those perpetrated against adult women.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-09-2018 at 07:59 PM.