I need you guys to help me with a mental picture I am having trouble imaging.

I have heard a lot about Bak Mei and how it works with the self defense aspect of its system to a great degree and how it has a serious approach to taking out the attacker with fast, powerfull and efficent strikes.

What my question is about is that I can not picture there breathing technique in combat. A lot of systems have different breathing techniques that help them with there endurance and focus...some like Bando have more than one way of combat breathing, depending on the animal system which is used...most of the breathing techinques used in striking are about breathing out, some in forcefull gusts and others low and sharp.

Bak Mei uses some type of compression method where they breath in as they strike?????

As the compress, they then strike and from what I have read and heard it creates a lot of power in the outgoing attack.

What gives? Would this not create serious problems if they got struck while doing so? Would this not creat a lack of endurance due to the reverse breathing? What about multiple strikes or are they from the one strike school of thought? How does the breathing method work if you have to flow with more than one strike or work with a takedown or better yet on the ground?

Regards