Hi All

Kinda a straw poll here

How many people know or have been broken into while resident ?

Personally, never, though my neighbours got done in the middle of the afternoon. On a personal note I would much rather face a instruder arming myself with a good old blunt instrument than a firearm, a good shot from a hickory ecrima stick would do the job for me, but shooting someone,hmm I think I might well pause before pulling the trigger, how would I know until it happened ?But I would strike with the stick without a second thought. As for the street crime, I think it would have gone up anyway, most of the phone crimes seem to be when the victim is not aware of anything until they are stabbed/hit/shot etc. I lived in a rough area of south london for many years and saw 2 people die in different fights in pubs (one stabbed through the neck, one battered to death with his own baseball bat), the thing that got me out without a scratch was awareness, I kept an eye on the room, left if it looked like trouble and generally did not act like a tough nut (but not a wimp/victim either). So for me, if they relaxed the law on guns here, I doubt I would bother for me, maybe for the wife though.

Peace