You make good points in your posts Kevin Wallbridge, that are conforming to fact and truth.

There were no masters there, no high level teachers, just a few practitioners that probably ranked with your average part time Taijiquan players anywhere. Now for their part did the Thai bring their small town nobodies, or did they have their best in the land there, that day at the Rose Garden?

I think thats just what them tai boxers did, got a few part time low level external and internal martial art practitioners to fight him. I just can't see how internal masters or even external masters of Chinese boxing are getting beat down easy by tai boxing. Hey, we are talking about the 1922, doing them times chinese Masters I hear would practice for hours just to kill time, so my Sifu told me.

Have you guys ever seen fighting black kings? Its a movie about a few USA karate fighters that travel to fight within a full-contact tournament in japan.

Anyway they have a few Chinese guys fighting in the tournament, before they fight you, get to see these chinese guys demonstrate their kung fu forms and how they train before a full-contact fight. the forms they were perfoming was hung Gar and Wing chun. If you rent the movie you can see for yourself these guys were low level kung fu practitioners. These practitioners were not the best, but the japanese made it seem like they were.

the movie trys to make it look like Kung Fu is no good for fighting.