Hi Andrew,

Originally posted by AndrewS
Hey Grendel,

I've realized that it's not in me to stand by while I see something done poorly by a child.
Good for you. You find out a lot about people by how they treat the old and the young.
Yup- Grendel was a backup story in the original Mage series by Matt Wagner, inked by Rich Rankin, published by Comico. It's gone on to be a franchise and is actually extremely cool. Mage was a modern retelling/re-examination of the Arthur/ Fisher King legend. Grendel (the backup) was chronicle of the life of an incredibly dapper criminal and assasin, an intellectual and physical prodigy who became an acclaimed author, while unifying control of a number of organized crime families by the sword. The conflict centers around a misshapen semi-human mystic who stalks him while maintaining a friendship with his adopted 7 year old daughter. The art was a spectacular riff on art deco.

Err, yes, I've read too many comics.
LOL! You seem to know a lot about the comics business.

Thanks for the explanation of Matt Wagner's comics. I couldn't make heads or tails of 'em on my brief perusal at the local comics store, but I found them disconcerting since Grendel is my chosen nom-de-plume here on KFO.

Regards,