Sam, It was late, but yes I did think for a second and then I responded to what bothered me in your posts. One, is that you arrogantly speak for masters you never knew or saw do anything! Please dont tell me you know someone who knows....etc.....etc. We all do. Second, you state you havent seen any modern masters reach the level of old masters....Back to ONE....which old masters did you personally see or know? Next, how could you put down modern (conventional as you called it) methods are you not American, or are chinese the only ones who know how to develop? Can you prove these methods, in lets say the UFC, or are they too deadly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
I think Cung Le with his aerobics,running, weightlifting and conventional training could whip your ***. As for my fat ***, believe me in 30+ years of this, I know what it takes to go 15 rounds! and for your information, aerobics, running and weight training has been used traditionally for years before our time. Please note that one of Lam Sangs own students, always said he had to take the guy out fast, because he COULD'NT go 15 rounds! If my posts go off subject its because I know who you are, your writing doesnt change, also your teacher or ex-teacher of Jook Lum, trained his *** off with weights, and could do some amazing stuff with them. Yes, I met him and know him from the 70's. Also I think you fantasize too much about all this internal/external, possibly you cant except that no matter what system you jump to next, it still doesnt materialize. Let me tell you a secret, inner peace is knowing that Tai Chi, Bagua, Hsing I, Wing Chun, Jook Lum, and even Goju-ryu practitioners dont outlive the average healthy American....Nuff Said!