Thread: one against twenty

Threaded View

Originally posted by neptunesfall
    wearing a martial arts uniform makes you more of a target for this crap. change your clothes and stop trying to look tough.
    Man you must be from a different planet. Here in Dallas alot of people wear their MA uniform in public. I did it too for a while because the locker room was infested with contageous foot fungus. Other people just like to change at home, what's the problem anyway? It sounds like you guys think a person should be ashamed to be a martial artist. "trying to look like a badass"? What about the military guys you see wearing their uniform in public? etc. etc. You must be arrogant to think people should all change their tune and dress like you, to please you. It's a matter of perception. I doubt the "baddass" thing even crosses the minds of most people who wear their uniform outside the dojo, military, security post, etc. Why should a martial artist change clothes just to go home? Why do most people put their work uniform on in the morning before they even leave their house? Why do people who train in a gym put their shorts and muscle shirts on before they leave the house? I think common sense would tell you it's a matter of convenience. Why would you change clothes before you left the dojo if you were only going home? Ask yourself this question, "Who are you trying to please" by doing so? That's a lame load of self righteous bull. Tell that to the people in China and other far eastern countries, where in some areas, 25% of the people you see in public are wearing what appears to be some kind of kung fu uniform. Why don't you go tell them how to dress.
    Last edited by jointlock; 11-10-2002 at 09:25 AM.
    Train for precision. Speed and force will follow.