Thread: Kung Fu fight footage

Threaded View

Knifefighter and others who seem unable to believe anyone can actualy fight using TCMA.

The clip is *not* prearanged, it states clearly *during* the clip that BKF is playing around with the guy who won the comp that he was judging at.
    Obviously they are not trying to kill each other, neither do most of the guys i see performing Thai Boxing at demonstrations.

Your making comments which are intirely marked by the evidence at hand.
    Here is someone using traditional martial arts on a resisiting opponent in a non fixed mannor. Yet somehow this is still 'fixed' and 'unrealistic'.

Its obvious that this is for a demonstration, no one is wearing *any* protective equipment and the floor in unpadded. The reason for the run ups for the techniques is simply to make it look more spectuacular for the audience.
    Lets all get mad at the guys for not trying to off each other for our enjoyment.

Honestly this just pains me.

Im going to start paying out Thai boxers for that useless dance they like do before they fight.
    Or wrestlers for wearing LYCRA!!!
    Or maybe i should have a go at boxers who apperently cant fight without pillows on there hands.
    Or maybe the BJJ gaurd which just happens to 'look' about as martial as offering your opponent a flower.

I cant believe that people are still so darn detrimental, if you dont get something - YOU dont get it. Dont try to pretend that just becouse you dont understand the point of something that no one else will either.
    I personaly dont understand how atomic reactions happen but im not dumb enough to deny the existence of bombs.

Dont worry im sure your quite right, there is a whole multitude of misguided people out there - except those following your logic of course. Infact a whole country somehow managed to be able to create a non working fighting system and then ingrain it into there culture.

Please forgive my probarly overly negative reaction and terrible grammar and spelling but im getting mighty sick of people harping on things they have no idea about. I can compleatly understand why MMA get annoyed with traditionalists tell them there stuff is only for 'the ring', i just wish for the same respect to be shown back of occasion.
    Last edited by jon; 03-03-2003 at 10:22 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun