Your post is interesting and informative. I agree with you on most of what you say except needing the physical training to experience Qi. Perhaps it depends on the style of Qi Gong being taught. I know people who only do standing Wuji. No taiji, no kung fu, no external training what so ever, just standing and have great results. Also, I can agree that some may "want to feel" and thus the feeling is in their minds. I, for one, feel what I feel. Not conjoured in my mind but I know there are those who are not the same way.

Regarding Master Chan. I think you get it wrong along with some others. This is not bashing or fault finding, this is talking facts. MC does not teach Qi Gong and did not allow it in the Temple when I was there. Fact. MC was not open to Qi Gong when I was there. Fact. I don't know what he believes now. MC has never talked about Qi Gong being something that will develop naturally with WL training.

There is nothing wrong with this. How come you need to defend it. It's just stating the truth.

So what's a student to do if there is an interest in Qi Gong (BTW, Qi Gong and Chi Kung are the same, just different romanizations from different dialects)? Can't investigate while at WL. Don't have any knowledge of Qi Gong being part of WL training.

Now I believe MC has trained his Qi based on the reports of some students but it's not something he'll talk about.

You like your Qi Gong, right. As you said it's awesome. Why deprive other WL Students of such an experience?

Why close the door?