Hi, I've been wanting to train in Hsing-I for a while but unable to find any schools nearby I decided to get a book, I know it's not the best way to train but it's a start and I figured that 4 years MA training would mean I had at least the basics enough to make sure I could follow the book properly.
Anyway I've been practicing nearly daily, certainly daily in the past two weeks, for about a month now. I've been slowly but surely(?) learning the five fists, at the moment I've been practicing splitting, crushing and drilling (which I started today). I'm doing the movements slowly for now although occasionaly i'll do them a bit quicker. Having exams right now has meant I'm content to practice what I've learnt and not collect forms like an obsessive wu shu dancer.
Anyway I was hoping than any Hsing-I practicioners here could offer pointers for the beginner, I figured out 'find a competent teacher'. If you know of a Hsing-I school near either Exeter or Brighton in the UK please let me know. I was also wondering what you though a reasnoble amount of time practicing the five fists before learning the 12 animal styles was.