Robin:
Thanks, it's good to be back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

nospam:
I do agree with what you're saying, but I guess I'm more in the middle road of this mindset. I do agree that you should really take sparring seriously, especially when using it as a learning experience (as opposed to a good workout). I also feel that if you are too serious about it then it can become too competitive and it switches from learning from each other to competing (I do realize that this is not always the case, but it is a very possible outcome).

If you have fun sparring every once and a while, it really helps the body to releax and let some real techniques flow. I guess what I'm saying is that when you're training, and learning with your sparring, you should take it seriously, and treat it like a serious situation, but sometimes you can be a little more relaxed about it, and let the lessons soak in a little differently. I don't know if that makes any sense, but hey, it sounds good in my head [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW Robin, I'll get the sparring back soon. I've been breakin' through the fear of all the new guys, and I'm bringin' the older guys back into it. soon...

------------------
Jaguar Wong
www.superaction.com