What I mean is, personally speaking, on the street if I was facing multiple attackers I would prefer to stay standing rather than take one of them down to grapple. This gets me thinking, if I can take someone down in 1 or 2 blows, then i'm going to stand a better chance of getting away or intimidating the rest of the group (or just taking care of the whole group).

So I was wondering if any of you would think it would be a good idea to buy a heavy bag to practise punching and elbow techniques, to get them strong and fast.

Obviously it's a good idea to have a good punch anyway, but I myself do a lot of joint work and like being on the ground even though I do do kung fu.

My personal technique in a street situation, is going for the legs with heavy round house kicks until he weakens then I dive into him, grabbing both legs under the knees and yanking them back so that he falls on his back. This winds the guy and in my situation smashes his head on the floor as well, then I just stomped on his ribs once and heard an almighty crack! It sent a chill down my spine, and thankfully he didn't get up, so I ran off, the coward that I am(give me a break i'm only 18)
I went home and felt really ill and all weak in the knees.
That has been my only fight on the street, but I reckon if I can end the fight sooner, the better. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
Nothing is to be feared, only understood...