Originally posted by Golden Tiger
... During that time, he has still allowed thousands of people to learn something that they could have never learned if it was not for him...
Ok, I am one of the few here who really doesn't defend or offend Shaolin-Do practioners. I am a firm believer in "Go meet them before you judge them." I am sure there are some SD people out there who are better than me, and I am sure I am better than some SD people out there. Does it mean SD sucks? No, I have yet to meet an SD practioner, so I have not forumulated an opinion for them (despite the fact I have an SD school just 4 miles from my home).

However I pointed out the above quote because it stood out in my mind. What exactly do we learn we could not learn from someone other than him? Other than Shaolin-Do that is.

I live in Dallas/Fort Worth. Literally 1 mile from my house, there is a home. In this home there is a man who teaches Baguazhang, Taiji and Hsing-I. ONE MILE from me. This man is world famous too, constantly having articles published in IKF (even though people discredit him without meeting him) and even wrote the Introduction to Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming's Baguazhang book.

I get on 303 and travel 5 miles I hit a Hung Gar school.

I get on I-20 and then 820, I hit an 8 Step Mantis school.

I get on I-20 and then 183, I hit a school that teaches Wing Chun, Seven Star and Taiji.

I get on I-20 and then 360, I hit a school that teaches Wing Tsun.

There are several people under 25 miles in my area (the Wing Chun/Seven Star and 8 Step being the furthest I listed). I don't have to go to Shaolin-Do to "learn something that" I couldn't learn at another school. And I did not even mention the 12 other Kung Fu schools in Dallas.