The topic pretty much says it all. I guess i should have put in the forefront of that topic "When will we....?"

Are we so arrogant and jaded and biased that we have to fall in to the traps of judging other schools and systems and styles?
i mean i have heard time and time again the saying "well if it works for you and you are happy then cool".(or some derivative of that comment) It can be a convienient excuse for masking disdain and passive agressively judging someones choice of school ,style or system.

Why are we Men so pre-disposed to resorting to the violence of what we do? i mean being that we we practice is fighting. but do we really have to stop there and remain,in my opinion, on the surface level of what these arts and systems are all about?

no wonder the chinese laugh at us and think us ridiculous. I for one would like to see here on this forum decent exchanges of information rather than immature bantering and BS.
i dont exclude myself from all the immature banter and BS. i own my own writings here. But i am tired of it. i had a revelation the other night that "the world does NOT revolve around our jaded perceptions of each other and what we practice".
What we do is but a fraction of what the world is about and i think it is time we evolve past all this BS and really be the disciplined people that we "think" and "claim" we are.
I apologize for sounding so preachy but i feel someone here has to say something and hopefully others will truely understand what i am writing here.
despite our political and martial arts differences we are good people(for the most part). we may not do good things at times and we reveal our flaws and imperfections here. But i have faith that at some point on this forum that we will start really talking martial arts and really exchanging good info and sharing our own personal insights to things, rather than repeating what someone else has said or thinks.
Many Respects,,,,TWS