I think the problem with the bashing on the forums is it is so juvenile. I dont think there is anything wrong with telling someone they are an idiot or their fighting ability is under par....if it can be proven. The first time I posted and made it known I studied sd I had people trying to tell me what I do is worthless and would never hold up. These same people are always bouncing from one argument to another, and will result in the "if it works for you..." TWS pointed out. I will be the first to admit there are bad sd schools, but there are great sd schools out there as well. This is the same for every style. We shouldnt look at what someone studies and say they are an idiot and couldnt fight their way through a bowl of spaghetti if we dont know that. Hell, for all we know someone could be learning tae bo thinking it is a real martial art and they may transform themselves and the "style" into a great fighting art (please do not take this very seriously). Some people come on here with the "my style is better than yours" attitude and they deserve whatever they get. That is like bashing the whole system in one swoop. Truth is we dont know anything about one another, and dont know the true capabilities of a fighter from any system unless we have studied that system and fought that fighter. I think TWS's idea is great. I dont think it will happen, but I am all for doing my part. I havent posted here long, but I have never gotten into the bashing of others. Even when I wanted to (I have erased numerous posts before they made it to public view), nothing would be gained from it. I have heard others talking about how important it is to let newbies know about what styles are good and bad. This is crap. If someone stepped into my teacher's shaolin do school, they would get an awesome experience that would last them a lifetime (if it were right for them), but they could go to another shaolin do school not two states away and have a completely different experience. Lets try to get past the generalizations that are keeping this forum from being a place of intellectual thoughts and insight. Some folks here are doing this on a regular basis and thanks to you. Others are here because they cant cut it in the martial arts real world and feel the need to get a rise out of others....I dont fully understand it myself, but to each his own. I hope this is the start of a new mentality around here. Good luck to everyone.....

Ben