<rant>

simple question, but i haven't heard anyone ask it in the past many months, so i'll ask it here: why is there a distinction between CMA and MMA? one can do just CMA and be a CMArtist, and one can do several arts, none of which are chinese, and be a MMartist. one can also do several arts, one of which is chinese, and be both CMA and MMA. what's the problem?

i do wing tsun, but i also do muay thai and escrima, and every now and then in sparring i'll throw in some grappling when i have an opening i know i can take. i'm a CMArtist at heart because wing tsun is my core, but i'll be ****ed if i'm not a MMArtist to boot.

WD does shuai chiao amongst his muay thai, etc., same goes for him.

Sevenstar does mostly JMA, but he adds muay thai and some shuai chiao, amongst about 17 other arts, to the mix. same for him.

so many have thrown their weewee into the big ****ing match over Onassis. know what? he's a CMArstist. know what else? he's an MMArtist. know what else? it doesn't ****ing matter. he trains hard, like Sevenstar and WD do, like MP and MK do, like i assume KF and Abel also do, so what's the problem?

le sigh.

</rant>