Every once in a while some idiot reads my Yahoo profile and sees martial arts so he will write to me and ask me questions. One guy once said he could take a full force kick to the groin and not flinch, and offered to let me do it to him. I put him on ignore because the way he spoke, it seemed like he was being turned on.

But tonight I got this

croixchicago: Hey buddy, you ever like play rough with guys? you ever use any nerveholds? sleepers? pressurepoints?

PHILBERT: George Dillman is an idiot with his "pressure point" fighting. They work, but he thinks he can win only using them.

PHILBERT: While he takes his time trying to use that pressure point, I'll just shove my fingers into his eyes, rush him and mount him, arm bar, or any of a million other things

croixchicago: lol, those pressurepoints really work>>

PHILBERT: Yes, in certain situations such as sneak attacks

PHILBERT: If my buddy is at a party and drunk off his ass and trying to pick a fight, Im gonna use a pressure point to subdue him

croixchicago: lol, no way?? you ever get that to work??

PHILBERT: versus some idiot who wants to fight me, I dont have time do dance around pressure points, when it is so much easier to just kick his knees

PHILBERT: A strike to the back of the neck can cause the "head to spin" and in some cases knock someone out temporarily

PHILBERT: However, if you are facing me, I can't hit you there can I?

PHILBERT: But if you have your back to me, I can, and even then it is difficult

croixchicago: wild, I heard of some back of neck pinch? grip? supposed to numb/stun a guy?

PHILBERT: The Vulcan Neck pinch

PHILBERT: made famous by Mr Spock

PHILBERT: it exists, but no human has the strength to pull it off
croixchicago: LOL, IC -- so it doesnt really work.

PHILBERT: Nope

PHILBERT: You can punch someone there and knock them out

PHILBERT: When I go on vacation with my father, he snores very
loud and I cant sleep, so I punch myself there and knock myself out to get sleep

croixchicago: LOL! you ever seen any pressurepoints freeze/stun a guy? ko him?

PHILBERT: Yep

croixchicago: no way!?!?!

PHILBERT: I watched a UFC match between 2 guys, and one elbowed the other on the back of the neck and knocked him out

croixchicago: Oh right

croixchicago: I know that works

PHILBERT: Thats what i was saying

PHILBERT: a blow to the back of the neck will do that

PHILBERT: An elbow is stronger than a punch

croixchicago: I guess thats a pressure point sorta

PHILBERT: Do you even practice martial arts

croixchicago: judo

PHILBERT: Aye, so you know the ground game very well

croixchicago: no bad

croixchicago: not bad

PHILBERT: So why worry about pressure points when you can
choke him out with a triangle choke, or ankle lock or arm bar

croixchicago: just wondered if that stuff is real, if it work on me

PHILBERT: well, in *some* sense yes it could

PHILBERT: But if you have the guy mounted and you are pounding him away, I doubt him using a "pressure point" is the least of your worries, nor is it the first thing on his mind

croixchicago: lol, true

PHILBERT: the whole "Dim Mak" and touch of death is b.s.

croixchicago: lol, true

PHILBERT: As I said, if I was facing someone, the last thing I'd do is grab your wrist and try and do a pressure point to subdue you. Punching you in the face or kicking your knees is so much easier, faster, and does not require 2 hands to pull off.

PHILBERT: So go laugh at the George Dillman guys

croixchicago: you ever use any? see any of that dillman stuff work?

PHILBERT: I won't touch anything by Dillman even with a flaming torch

croixchicago: lol, ok

PHILBERT: ciao

PHILBERT: good luck with Judo

croixchicago: later

croixchicago:
Yes, he did the smile thing at the end. I was having some fun with him, I thought he was just a 14 year old boy who liked the Matrix and thought he was the next Bruce Lee or something. Turns out the man was around 27, and he does Judo. Or claims Judo. So gotta give him points for doing a serious martial art.