I just saw Red Trousers in Berkeley last night. It's only playing for one week only two theaters here in the SF Bay Area. Red Trousers is by Robin Shou of Mortal Kombat with help from our resident columnist Dr. Craig Reid (see his write-up).

As small indepedant films go, this is an important one, a must-see for all aficionados of HK film. It's a tribute to the unsung stuntmen, it gets into their hearts and minds. Today when it's all digital effects, to see these guys life and limb for their craft is inspirational (and a bit psycho). I hope this gets some better distribution soon - it's done by Tai Seng, so it'll probably go to DVD after it's had a theatrical run, and in truth, since it was shot on digital, there are some lacing problems so it might actually show better on the small screen instead of the big silver one. However, I'd encourage you all to check it out, not just becuase I support Craig, but because it honors the stuntmen. Everyone who dreams of going into action film should see this one.