Thread: My workout (cuz Ford asked)

Threaded View

My workout (cuz Ford asked)

Here's what I've been doing for the past 2 months or so. It's been a welcome change from all the 5 rep stuff I was doing before. I gained some size off of it, but then I stopped eating enough and I lost most of it. But my strength endurance is going up, which is awesome. Like when I started, I kind of had trouble doing 12 box squats with 135lbs, but now I start every squat day with that and it's pretty easy (knock on wood). I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Box squats own me!

Ok, here's the workout.

Monday
    Bench - 10, 8, 6, 6, 8, 10 (recently changed to 12, 10, 6, 4, 8, 10, instead) - 2:00 rest, tempo: whatever

Cable crossovers (because I need isolation here to overcome a weakpoint). I put the cables at the high position, and pull the handles down to my sides, or just in front of my body. I've found, after much trial and error, that this way engages the pecs with the least amount of front deltoid involvement (which is what I'm trying to avoid) - 2 or 3 sets of 10.

Biceps machine curl (because I need isolation here to overcome a weak point) - 5 sets of 10 (or thereabouts) 1:00 rest, tempo 1 sec up, 3 secs down.

Hammer Curls (if I feel like it) - 10

Wednesday
    Deadlift (only to maintain strength) - 5, 5, 3, 2 or something like that. Just working up to a 2 or 3RM each time. 5:00 rest between heavy sets. tempo: normal DL tempo (I don't time it)

Lat Row Machine with seperate left and right arm movement (because I need isolation here to overcome a weak point) - 5 sets of 10, and then 1 set of left arm only. 2:00 rest. Tempo: 1 sec concentric, 3 secs eccentric

Skull Crushers - 5 sets of 10. 1:00 rest. tempo: 1 sec concentric, 3 secs eccentric

Friday
    Box Squats - 12, 10, 6, 4, 8, 10. Tempo: I don't time it. But sometimes I rest for a second on the box if I'm tired. 2:00 rest (ideal), but sometimes I take longer if I'm tired.

Shrugs - 3 sets of 12. Tempo: 1 sec up, 3 secs down.

Calves - Mix it up. I should do more calves but I don't, and it shows.

Ok I think that's about it.
    Last edited by IronFist; 03-16-2004 at 12:35 AM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.