Hello,

This topic will be an off-shoot of a discussion regarding Snake Body going on in the Weng Chun Sup Yat thread!

So, there are some who do not want to believe there is a possible connection with Emei and Wing Chun. This info. is not designed to try and persuade anyone but give a bit of info. I found when I started to look into that theory and why I think its more likely!

I started to look into different art that show roots in that region. After that I looked into their engine/details. We can use a few systems or methods as examples;

Ba Gwa: This art often claims roots in Emei region and various lineages state different descriptions regarding the body/engine! You can hear the body/engine often described as Snake Body by Park Bok Nam and other groups. You can hear the body/engine descrbed to as Swimming Body by the Gao people. You can hear the body/engine described to as Swimming Dragon by other groups! All coming from Emei!

Zhuang: Yee Chuan grandmaster Wang Xiang Zhai (while not emei but a good connection) states: The body is like a swimming Dragon and if Miao Shun own knowledge was Emei Zhuang then thats a good sign!

Yuen Kay San lineage: Although not claiming to be an Emei based art we can see in some writing that they also state; Swimming Dragon is memory serves me correctly and Rene can probally help me out if I am wrong!

So, if almost all Wing Chun claim to be a combo of Snake and Crane then would it be that the Snake is really the body and the Crane is the boxing? Many people say when asked about what is snake and what is crane this;

Biu Jee is a Snake and Bong Sao is Crane!

Well, I just can't go along with that as so many south fist arts have and use the term/skill of Biu Jee. Southern Praying Mantis uses that exact term for the skill so is the Biu Jee of Mantis Snake evidence in them?

Recently I recieved some footage of Fukien Crane and while the Ging was different from Wing Chun the hand skills were remarkable similar to Leung Jan's teaching. My sifu and I sat down and watched it and he also feels there has to be some sort of connection. I sent this footage to Hendrik and he was the one who told me it was Eating crane as I would have thought it was Eternal Crane and then I would have been die hard believer but even tho its not I can easily see we must have roots in Fukien region.

So, if Miao Shun was the person who combined his own knowledge (which could be Emei Zhuang as Hendrik claims and as the Yuen Kay San lineage claim minus the Emei info and replace it with his own knowledge) with the Ng Mui art which would be White Crane then doesn't show a more likely possiblilty?

Thoughts?