Originally posted by Sim Koning
That's a nice proverb, but using Chin Na on a highly trained fighter is a lot harder than you think. Like I said, go try it, have someone who is a good boxer of any style throw a punch at you and you can try to grab it. Yang Jwing Ming warns people of this in his books.
Yes I know that it is hard to catch a punch of a fast puncher but Yang Jwing Ming also says that the first step of Chin Na is "Opening the door or the way"(causing a distraction or an opening to be able to catch the "punch) then trapping the punch so the opponent is unable to withdrwas, ramaber the punch may go fast and the technique seem slow while written but in action it mybe as quick as the punch.(an example if one is being grab by the wrist and the opponent is ver y strong we wont be able to perform any chin na with out opening the way or causing adistraction like kicking one o his knees to make him lose attention then in those micro seconds one performs the technique. Yang Jwing Ming another grewat master, I love how he teaches chin na.