Thread: weight lifting vs pure bw

Threaded View

weight lifting vs pure bw

opened an interesting email from mattfury.com today and came across a very interesting point..............

For those folks here lifting as part of a typical regime or means to acquiring "functional strength" ( prettiness as an off-shoot) for best results, would anyone like to give an opinion on why seals and berets lift no weights at all and are, by virtue of nature of position, in supreme physical shape???

In fact, matt himself is an ex world class title holder and claims that his game only improved after the change -over to bwed exercises in lieu. He also gives several other quite convincing examples of where it's worked for others. It is possible that the switch up had little to do with it, and it was in fact a physcological state that developed at the same time, and whether one is subjective to the other or the most responsible for the resulting aheivements is always going to be a subjective argument. Does that make sense? Can anyone provide examples of a reverse trade of regime delivering the same ??......I'm sure someone'll have something but I'd would like to compare notes on this one.

I know alot of people here are die - hard fans of their routines and if we can remain proffessional in this discussion, I think it would be a good time to hash it out

cheers
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 07-08-2004 at 03:51 AM.