"Miles, I want to be sure I understand you: you believe Japanese martial artists are above human weakness?"

Of course not. Its just that Judo is put out more in the public eye(media) compared to Taichi. E.G the octogon, pride etc. Taichi has yet to prove itself in such events. If there is any martial art that has seomthing to prove its TaiChi - not Judo. Hey, I do wing chun and that is the same as Tai CHi in that it is very effective but hasnt proved itself against other martial arts in media events yet.
The best example of a style that has achieved this is BJJ people. They will go up against anyone if it is to be televised. Wing Chun or Tai Chi people havent made a name for themselves in this way yet.

Look, the point of the story coming on this this thread was to show that Tai Chi is superior to Judo. I am not saying that it isnt just that this thing that took place shouldnt be looked upon as some historical event that proves the case. People shouldnt base the effectiveness of Judo verses Taichi on the relaying of this event. We dont know who this world class Judo guy was. Now through someones observation we know that this person is not Japanese which throws light on the questions I had before about language barriers, happening to be in the same country, and why a world class Japanese judo guy would bother when there are so many better ways that they can and do prove themselves.

Base your opinion on what is a better style on your own experience not this story.

By the way, Judo was not designed to be a PE activity for Japanese high schools as someone above pointed out.