Originally posted by prince006
thats practlaly like saying every martial arts is different
its not answering my question what do u think the best is for a street fight...

each martial arts have there own strength's odviously

bruce lee said that all martial arts have weakness's thats why he invinted jeet kwon do....to have no style

but personally i dont know much about it but its a thought
It's funny, you just answered your own question while asking it.
Jack is absolutely correct, and even though the answer may not make sense to you, it will in time.

Occupational hazards are definitely a determining factor as to what art you want to learn, being ex military I look for things that would completely demolish my opponent in the least amount of time possible, so I've lately stuck with MT and wing chun for my standup, with chin na and shiua jiao for my clinching and throwing, for groundwork I've dabbled in BJJ, but will be getting more in depth with it after I'm fully healed from a bone injury. Anyway - long story short - there is no best style for streetfighting really, and while we're at it...

What is the definition of a street fighter other then "someone who fights on the street"? A streetfighter, technically speaking, can know any style he wants. I think what you're referring to is the athletic tough guy with no formal training. If that's the case, the style won't make a difference as much as your training regimen and brains will. It's all effective - IF YOU APPLY IT CORRECTLY. But if you're training doesn't end with you being able to do that, then more often then not you will lose no matter what style you learned.