Thread: Interesting new article from LAWeekly

Threaded View

Interesting new article from LAWeekly

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/11/features-duersten.php

Some comments about this article from the og I'd like to add here for discussion purposes:

It's pretty crazy how vicious they require their members to be. there's one part in the article where it talks about four AB guys walking onto a tier of cells and walking right into a black gang's area and killing one guy while severly #%@&#%@ up two others, all while totally outnumbered. I think at that point you've probably just "clicked" like they say pitbulls do when they're fighting. like you'd have to be so far gone to the point where you'd be like, "fu-- it...I don't even care if I die." you'd have to be like a killing machine....literally. its probably not even like reality to them at that point....like killing to them is like you or I complaining to our bosses about someone not doing their job correctly.
    anyone else catch in the article that AB members make it a point to train themselves physically for up to five hours each day.

Just trying to imagine the pure obsessive energy that they pour into making themselves into killing machines is mind-boggling.
    Here is a quote from the article that relates to martial arts:

They fought gladiator-style, which is essentially a simple but balletic street fight magnified — like everything else in prison — tenfold. A 10-second fight in prison is an eternity. In much less time, windpipes can be severed, jugulars torn out, spinal cords pierced and livers punctured. But the AB made a science of death: Their “warriors” studied anatomy texts in prison libraries to better understand parts of the human body that could be maimed for maximum effect.
    Last edited by Strangler; 02-04-2005 at 03:04 AM.