Hey Brad,

I see you have copied someone’s post from another forum and posted it here. Have you graduated from posting peoples PMs? Or does nobody PM you anymore because of your reputation of doing this, you punk?

Well since you posted it here is my replies:

WutangNYC,

Wow WutangNYC you are putting a lot on my plate! Let me finish “Tien Shan Pai” first before I begin the long list you have handed me! Also let me remind you that this is the “Tien Shan Pai Discussion” thread. If you want to start an “Eagle Claw” thread or “Wah Lum” thread – I’ll help you with your research by telling you what I know. Why are you trying to take the spotlight off of Huang and put it on me and all these other unrelated individuals? You called these folks out online yet you offered no evidence (documents, witnesses etc). As for the completely unrelated and irrelevant questions you had from my website, just remember – I’m not claiming to be grandmaster. I suggest you start your own thread about me and my accomplishments, then you may get to the bottom of things. If you wish to add to this discussion then please stay on topic.

You say, “Keep in mind that for at least the last 20 years, Mr. Marshall, Mr. Burris, Mr. Brown and many of these who are listed as supporters of Mr. Marshall's position stood idly by and endorsed him. Now all of a sudden his claims as grandmaster is a problem?”

None of the people I interviewed have ever endorsed Huang as grandmaster (including myself!). What are you talking about? I know some of the people you named in your long list have always referred to Huang as “Grandmother Huang”. Twenty years ago I didn’t know any Master who actually took the title “64 generation grandmaster” seriously. How could they? If you know of ANY of his old classmates who actually recognize him as grandmaster please help me to get in touch with them so that I may interview him/her. My statements can be easily verified by phone calls. Have you heard any of these people come out and say that I am misquoting them, or wrong? Do you think that these folks have not read my discussion paper? Don’t you think they would come out and vehemently deny my research if they believed I was misquoting them?

Here are the reasons I have taken on this task of sorting out the truth (in case it wasn’t 100% clear to you in my discussion paper and correspondence).

1) None of these other folks you named were on the cover of IKF with headlines like “tracing the lineage” then follow up with NO lineage whatsoever.
2) None of their claims are as farfetched as Huang’s
3) The temples and people they cite actually exist (unlike Huang)
4) They did not reply to my simple and diplomatic questions with insults to my Sifu like Huang has.
5) I have good and long standing relationships with the people who were involved in Tien Shan Pai back then.

You say, “This type of BS infighting over rank, title and ego is exactly why all chinese martial arts in the US is so screwed up. Everyone…. to the low ranking Sean Marshall”
I am not guilty of this and you cannot state any circumstance.

Question, what are you talking about here, “Anthony Goh… is in a similar leadership position and retroactively made claims to prove his position.”?

In martial arts,
-Sean

ps I never did Jow Ga. You need to get better sources.

WutangNYC,

Don’t you think you are being too narrow in scope? Don’t you realize that exaggerated title embellishments are not limited to martial arts? For instance in basket weaving “Great Grand Weaver of the Yukon”, or in Rugby “Supreme Grand Puba of the Scrum”, or in ballet “Grand Princess Primaballerina of the Pirouette”. Why don’t you also address these other issues while you’re at it? Aren’t you being disingenuous by not discussing these other issues? What is your agenda in leaving these out? If your going to discuss some then you should discuss all, no? Perhaps you could do your own research and actually start your own thread. Just remember that the title of the thread is supposed to reflect the subject of the thread (i.e. “Tien Shan Pai Discussion”).

As for my modest bio on my website, I don’t think you will find it very controversial. However, a few phone calls will answer most of your questions. If there are any remaining then start a thread called “Sean Marshall’s Humble Bio”. Display the results of your legwork and I’ll help fill in the rest. I hope my advice helps you in your quest.

Let me address some of your points:

“Huang has made these claims for years. Everyone stood by and let him make these claims since the late 80's at least and no one until now decided to call him out on it. Why wasn't it done earlier by these same people who are now coming forward? That is my question. By not stopping Huang's BS then, everyone who is now comng forward is suspect as to their motives.”

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Huang brought this out with his article. Just because no one “came out” and said it the same way I have (i.e. going through the convoluted history and displaying it on the internet) does not equal “tacit endorsement”. Many people said they thought his claims were a joke and they said so freely, why didn’t you ask them?

“I believe that many coaches would just prefer to stay out of it. To be fair and not contentious, I do not see them coming out in support of you either.”

Do you hear them rejecting my work?

“You say, ?This type of BS infighting over rank, title and ego is exactly why all chinese martial arts in the US is so screwed up. Everyone?. to the low ranking Sean Marshall"'
I used this term because you, yourself said you were a nobody. I didn't intend any disrespect to your rank or accomplishment.”

I wasn’t talking about the term “lowly”. I was talking about using fake titles and having inflated egos. You seem to imply that “even” I was guilty of that. If you believe I am please state the circumstance.

“Anthony's claims of his competitive history got more pronounced when he assumed the leadership of the WKF. To someone who was merely a competitor at the time, it seemed as if his claims of accomplishment got embellished after he got the job. Maybe he always made them known, but after he got the job it seems as if he was relying on those accomplishments more to justify his position.”

This is a completely false statement and again you shoot it off yet offer no proof or even examples. What the hell are you talking about? Everyone back then was well aware of his martial arts accomplishments. Masters Tat Mao Wong and Tai Yim both knew of his accomplishments well before USAWKF or NACMAF. Instead of making stuff up, get on the phone and ask the people who were around back then as I have. Your statements above represent a huge problem in CMA. Unsupported and false Internet attacks with not one shred of proof.

If you would like to discuss all these other unrelated topics then do the research and start your own thread as I have done and stop diluting my topic (see thread title if you do not know the topic).

-Sean