Hi,

I'm german Kung Fu student and I've got a question concerning the claw-technique of the Eagle Claw Kung Fu. I know that the Eagle Clw style is a traditional northern fist, but the "Kung Fu Forum"-Guys sent me in here, because they had no exact informations for me.

I'm very interested in the history of Kung Fu and that's why I oftern look around on homepages of different Kung Fu styles. When I finally found Eagle Claw Homepages (Lily Lau Eagle Claw Kung Fu and Leung Shum Eagle Claw Kung Fu) I was a trifle bemused, because on every picture this kind of claw-technique was used:

I only knew the Eagle Claw style from different Kung Fu movies and I never saw this kind of claw-technique associated with the Eagle Claw before. Whenever the Eagle Claw technique was mentioned for example in a movie, the actor always used this kind of claw technique::

Unfortunatly I'm not a student of the Eagle Claw Kung Fu and there is not even an Eagle Claw Skool in Germany. So I thought, that you perhaps could help me out. Can somebody tell me, where those different claw techniques come from, what their meaning is and when they are to be used?

Thank you previously.

Kind regards