Hell, Christianity and Buddhism means something different to lots of the practitioners of these religions. Does that mean that the label of Christianity or Buddhism don't mean anything? No it just shows that people have different ways of thought and of expressing themselves. What unites them are the common roots and the base ideals that they all agree on, no matter what denomination they are from. Perhaps the entire JKD community is not completely united in their ideas, but if you get the all highest seniors and authorities of JKD in one room, I can for **** sure guarantee you that there will be some basic ideas that they will indeed agree on.

By the way, if you don't consider gearing up and sparring "realistic" then I guess you don't consider getting knocked out realistic. I'd really like to hear how you go about doign things "realistically". If you're gonna tell me that you do traditional karate type play sparring I have three words for you: HA...HA...HA. And as for "going all out", man i think you know what he means. Cut the crap and stop playing word games.