There are a lot of posts talking, importantly, about problems in the implementation of Wing Chun Kuen. These will always exist. Any art will only ever be as good as the artist performing it, and will rise and fall because of this.

Through the history of MA, systems have been created, proved their value, grown stagnant over time, been overthrown by some new upstart, and the cycle has repeated.

Some turned to WCK over older arts, some to JKD over WCK, some to SBGi over JKD, and eventually the next thing will come along. That's nature.

What endures, however, beyond personal style or educational or implementation system is underlying concept or methodology and core movement. Similar beings with similar needs will gravitate towards similar solutions.

IMHO, this is an area where WCK shines, regardless of whether or not sifu or student de jour can individually take advantage of what it offers (and not every way suits every wayfarerer).

So, to me, the advantages to WCK, the reason why I enjoy it so much, are simply these:

1. Not attribute dependant. While strength, speed, flexibility, resilience, etc. can help and can make up for mistakes, the art itself does not require them. There are no acrobatics or contortionistic movements, and the average person, with dedication, can achieve the postures and paths of the art.

2. Systematic/Progressive curriculum. If you had to sit in class and hear a professor yell out 1000 random historical facts, then be asked to write a coherent paper, you'd have problems. Wing Chun Kuen's material is presented in a clear, logical, consistently progressive manner, with reference sets which lay and expand upon a core foundation, and training exercises to actualize the same material.

There are other reasons too, of course, but those are what I look for in anything I choose to invest time.