Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M
Well if you can't remember what the traditions were called, who started them, who practiced them, what they believed, or anything else about them, then I don't think anyone can reasonably accept or critically consider your claim.

Roman Catholicism didn't exist as a distinct religion until 1054, which is after the (Western) Roman Empire fell. The Christianity which became the state religion of the Roman Empire was not Roman Catholicism, but included all of the Christian churches.

No, they were rejected by all Christians -- an act which took place in Egypt, not Rome. Again, Roman Catholicism didn't exist as a distinct religion until 1054. Seven centuries after the canon had been formed.
Dude, you seem to have a problem not to believe anything outside your "elected books" that you accpet as truth.
Of course i cant remember and no i will not show you cientific evidence (if thats what you want) cos im not a historian, nor a theologist. But you arent either, man
Either way id be to lazy to bring in since i dont really care much. Its not my livetime objective to convince you of anything, dude

I named it Roman Catholicism, ok, it was called Christianim. What im saying is there were diferent lineages of Christianism prior to Constantine converting. Know what im saying? You know what im saying, but of course you dont believe. Thats fine, i dont believe in god either lol
My source on this is a magazine, in portuguese. The magazine sources are several books. As ive said before i dont have the magazine with me now so i cant further point you to where the info is coming, sorry dude.
But anyway, as i was saying... The apocrifs were used by some lineages... and when those lineages unified into a big one they were cut off. Did all the lineages acept this? Did they all like this? Didnt mather cos the big time lineage (Peters) digged and they ruled, and they had most support.