I just did a demo for a friend of mine that was having an awards ceremony, while there I ran across another Kung Fu practitioner who was speaking to me about the Buddha Palm sets 1-18. He stated that the movements could be seen in the Wing Chun dummy form. Though I had heard mention of these sets before I was unaware of any connection between them and Wing Chun.

To make a long story short, he gave me a video of him performing various Kung Fu empty hand and weapons sets, within the video was this Buddha Palm and to my surprise it was almost identical to my dummy form, though performed soley in the air. The other difference was that it moved across the school it was video taped at.....in other words it didn't just stand in a small areas such as you would with the regular dummy set.

Does anyone know the history behind this set of forms? I personally couldn't find any history on it in any searches. Maybe it is just me, but I found it kinda interesting! Is it new, is it something that developed years ago?

The funny thing is that I used to perform this same way years ago when I didn't have a dummy. I still do it now today as to add a little more dimension to the set and also to practice full speed and power. I didn't realize I was doing a whole new system?!?! LOL!!!!!