Thread: Being a Wing Chun Sifu Sucks!!!!!

Threaded View

Been teaching for 21 years...and there are about 10 people who have trained with me from between 7-16 years (and about 6 of these people still attend some classes whenever they can; and since people's lives change - some get married and have children, some move away, some go forward in their time consuming careers which prevents their attendance on a regular basis anymore)...

But I value these folks very highly, and for a number of reasons.

They are like my children, (I have none of my own other than my step son - and I am about to turn 55 years old), - my brothers and sisters, my students, and my friends...all wrapped up into one person.

That...along with the immeasurable value they have given as training/sparring partners - and along with the immense pleasure I have experienced in watching through the years how each one of them has grown and developed in their fighting skill and knowledge...

has been worth all the frustration connected with the literally hundreds of people who have passed through my doors through the years but didn't stay long enough, for one reason or another, to become an excellent student or a friend.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 10-10-2005 at 03:48 PM.