Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
However, if I were going to teach or perform it I would certainly go over it well ahead of time so it would be committed to short term memory so I would have to stop and figure it out at the seminar. I'm sure he could do this too but then you wouldn't have the great visual of a parchment with chinese writing.
Maybe I didn't explain it well before; he did not refer to this paper with the chinese characters as if he was trying to use it as a prop for dramatic effect. His suitcase was sitting in the back corner (he had just flown in) and once or twice during the seminar he referred to it as he walked by, but it wasn't done as a display and he never held up the parchment and said, "look I have this parchment which was given to me by my master". In fact he never mentioned it at all. It was something that me and one or two other people who were in this back part of the school saw sitting on his suitcase. I made a mental note of it because I appreciate chinese calligraphy and though it looked cool (I also thought it would be nice if I could get a copy of it, but didn't ask). Anyway, my impression of Master Sin was that he was a nice person and a sincere guy who cares about his students. As I stated previously I did not leave Shaolin-Do because of him, I left because I found another sifu who was exactly what I was looking for.