Does anyone remember the “public challenge to Richard the mantis” that happened all over the internet a few years ago? Here’s basically how it went down. Richard {a student of Gin Foon Mark for about 15 or 16 years} was telling the truth about Rodger Hagood publicly and Rodger and his students did not like it.
So a “public challenge” was issued by one David Whitley {irontamerdave@hotmail.com} and propagated by Mike Feld.

Contrary to the popular belief held by Hagoods bamboo temple study group, Richard DID accept the challenge. The challenge in question said –and I quote – “Where? Anywhere in the U.S.A.” Richard mantis responded basically by saying “you know where I am, I am not hiding so what are you waiting for?” I guess the challenge should have said “anywhere in the U.S.A. except your school.” Sometime later Richard went public and said he will not accept public challenges. If anyone wants to challenge him they will simply have to walk into the kwoon where he studies and take a swing at him. Isn’t this how a challenge should be anyhow?

Of course Mike Feld was quick to call Richard all kinds of naughty names while nobody actually ever showed up to challenge him. Imagine everyone’s surprise.
Later a challenge was issued to Rodger Hagood by G.Christensen {a long time student of Gin Foon Mark., which never happened.
The whole mess died down and nothing much was ever heard of it again.

Until now.

Recently Mr. David Whitley {the original challenger} stopped by Gin Foon Mark’s Kwoon. It looked as though the long awaited challenge might actually take place.
Except for one thing. David Whitley did not visit Gin Foon Mark’s kwoon to challenge anyone. So why did he visit at all? Because he wanted {in his own words} to “Clear his name” while he was in town. He admitted that he NEVER posted any challenges or any follow up posts to Richard Mantis or anyone else, ever! So who did?

Enter one Mike Feld. Feld master minded the entire farce. Feld simply would not challenge Richard himself {gee I wonder why?} so he found the biggest strongest most intimidating student available- David Whitley and used his name, stats and photos to doctor up a phony challenge. Mr. Whitley who is a very cordial gentleman, hasn’t studied with Hagood in over a year and admitted his error in allowing Feld to use his name. He told Hagood how he felt and admitted that he doesn’t care if Hagood agrees with his actions and visit to Gin Foon Mark’s school.

So what does this mean? Well simple really. It means that Mike Feld knew the challenge was a lie since he cowardly set the whole thing up. It also means that Richard Gamboa knew. So did Dale Dugas and all of Hagoods students. They all knew it was a lie.

But most of all it means that Hagood knew it was a lie. And he allowed it to happen anyway.

Don’t believe me? check it out yourself- David Whitley irontamerdave@hotmail.com