ok here goes. right at the beginning of march i screwed my shoulder up, diagnosis suggests damaged cartilage and may need operating. Ive realised a shoulder is quite an important joint and can cut out like 90% of what i do training wise. problem is thats turned me into a bum as while im more motivated than ever ive not been good especially keeping up fitness or working kicks, footwork etc since im not going to mma or wing chun classes to get me going.

luckily just after i got done chilling watching a dvd last night i got an email from a good friend and inspiration, telling me to get off my ass and train what i can. so i thought hmmm ill start a training blog to force me into action. ill start from tuesday as it makes me sound better

ps if anyone actually reads this if you see a gap for more than a day or two heckle me!

tuesday
======

warm up, 300 star jumps, 2 rounds of shadow boxing (no jabs or left hooks etc, lots of kneeees)

3x5 min rounds (mma format)
1st round :
1 min squat jumps
1 min crunches
1 min back raises
1 min back arches (to left and right)
1 min skip knees

2nd round:
sprint 10secs jog 10secs for 5 mins.

3rd rounds :
same as 2nd.

1 min rest interval. wanted to die/puke about halfway through 3rd round. those sprints are hell. got blistered feet as did it all barefoot and my feet have gone soft from not training. also i just reread the instructions i worked off and realised 3rd round was supposed to be the same as 1st not the 2nd. that would have been easier...

then some more crunches etc.
done my shoulder rehab exercises with thera band. 3 sets 10 reps of 3 diff exersises.

wednsday
=======
chilled watching "dead mans shoes", got motivational email, decided to bust a last minute late night workout

circuit :

10 reps external rotation with theraband for rotor cuff
10 reps delt raise theraband
10 reps bow and arrow pull x each arm.

those may not be the right names for exercises im bad with names

20 crunches on ball
20 back arches left and right
20 side bends holding 16kg. felt a bit dodgy holding that much weight with left arm even though its just hanging there
20 lying trunk rotations legs out straight at 90degrees.

that whole lot 3 times through.

got to sleep late after that lot, so woke up late, now late for work...

ps dead mans shoes is a brilliant film. most realistic view of what life in england is like ive seen.