Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
joseph,

actually this is not my thought. I only echoed it.

I personally feel that Jeong Yim called his art what ever he wanted to.

However, according to the elders who are still in their 90's now, who lived during a time when CLF was striving, that Jeong Yim didn't call his art CLF. It was other sifu's who recognized Jeong Yim's art as having elements of Choy Ga, Lee Ga, and Fut ga.

You want to believe in words that were written by a dead guy, but here we have a living CLF legend in two places who recount the history. According to one of them it was a possibility that Jeong Yim's art since it was a combination of Lee Yau San, Chan Heung, and Monk Ching Cho....that his art was in its original state was "possibly" (i say possibly-not them) that Jeong Yims art was called Hung Sing Kuen.

You don't research Jeong Yim's history Joseph. I do. When It comes to what the elders say about my lineage I will listen. it doesn't mean i will believe everything i hear, but it doesn't mean i will discount it. For example, if someone in the Fut San HSK tried tell me that Jeong Yim created the jongs then I would have to tell them that is wrong because even I think Koon Pak had a big thing to do with the promotion of CLF jongs.

But like the bible and GOD, there is more to Jeong Yim than is really known. It is up to us to figure out what is missing.

see, I still see Chan Heung as starting CLF. But he kept his real CLF for his bloodline. Jeong Yim took what he learned from Chan Heung, and based his gung fu off of the latters gung fu as well as ching cho's and Lee Yau sans. But i also see Jeong Yim as the founder of FUt San Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut. Something not taught in Chan Heung's branch. so with the roots being with chan Heung's gung fu there is no way for you to expel him and not say he isn't CLF.

Jeong Yim's name and CLF are synonymous.

You ask me about what Lee Yau San passed down to Jeong Yim, but then again you have not seen in the whole of your 50 years in CLF "NO" wriitings from Chan Heung, so how do you know what Lee Yau San passed down to Chan Heung

How will we know without the actual writings of CHan Heung what was passed on from choy fook, Lee Yau San, and Chan Yuen Wu. even within your own branch its not known whether Chan Yuen Wu taught Shaolin, Hung Ga or Fut Ga. I've seen everyone of those stating that Chan Yuen Wu was a master of those ones i just mentioned.
Hi Frank,

This is where you have to learn a little bit about the Chinese culture.

To the Chinese, especially the older generations, knowledge is power, literally.

So the founder of a system, no matter who or what, will always keep something for his bloodline, it is a proven strategy for survival in Chinese history.

He will always make sure he has someone in the family to continue his art and then pass the remaining secrets to them, then he makes sure there is an inner circle of disciples who will protect his bloodline and his art....

From this, we can see where Jeong Yim stands.

Go and read more books on Chinese history and philosophy and you will know what I am talking about.

EJ