Thread: Southern Kung fu Meet and Greet

Threaded View

Southern Kung fu Meet and Greet

New York City

Hi all. I'm organizing a hangout with southern kung fu shorthand players. What I mean by organzing is that we're all just going to meet up, in the city I guess, talk and chi sao/roll/touch hands or whatever it is you guys do.

We should plan it for a Sunday since I'm stuck for the next six thousand Saturdays. Thanks, Nick.

Wing chun, Bak Mei, Southern Mantis, come one come all. I guess we can hang in one of those parks in Chinatown.

Let's do it sometime this month on a Sunday.

I would like to take this chance to stress that this is friendly. My friend who studies Ba Gua told me a story of how someone he knew went to play ba gua push hands. It started out friendly but when Guy A couldn't get the better of Guy B, Guy A started doing stupid things. He started attempting cheap shots, used a lot of power, etc. Guy B, not realizing the other man's anger, reacted and HURT Guy A. Maybe Guy A got what he deserved but let's be civil. And in case you guys were wondering, women are allowed to come as well. The person who shows up last buys us all lunch! No cameras please. That's kinda gay and plus I don't want to be filmed.

Radical!

RSVP here. How about this Sunday or the next?
    Last edited by travelsbyknight; 07-20-2006 at 03:49 PM.
    A penny saved is... not much.