Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1
The fact that JohnnyMnemonic sets up Q&A sessions like this, ever asking and never providing worthwhile content, combined with what appears to be a lack of information regarding simple material that, during a 10 - 15 year period of training in Taijiquan, he should already have, leads me to believe that his "trolling" is more to bolster his own information base than it is to impart any information on others...

I've been involved with online forums since 2001, and in the intervening 5+ years I've found that it's not always the best idea to give out too much info... It's spoonfeeding the good students by handing them information I've worked to earn, and it's handing potential legitimization material to the hackers, slackers, and frauds who don't know the real deal in the first place.
blech.

Excellent point. I'll keep that in mind. I've been on these boards since about the same time. I started Baji about that time and went online fishing for info about this style I was learning that I seemed to have heard of somewhere before but didn't really remember where. But it wasn't untill kind of recently I started thinking much about the fairly profound influence the internet has had on the MA community and how it warps many of the old ways.