Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

Threaded View

Kymus, I'm laughing my a$$ off that you doubt that unions were at the core of all of this. The theory is gaining steam.

There is no way that the fire could of gotten that hot that fast. Firstly, it had fire proofing due to the first fire in 1975 which "burned at temperatures in excess of 700°C (1,292°F) for over three hours and spread over some 65 percent of the 11th floor, including the core, caused no serious structural damage to the steel structure. In particular, no trusses needed to be replaced.". Secondly, it was designed structurally to withstand multiple hits from a plane with more force than those that hit it on 9/11 and still stand without a problem.
    It's simple!

From wikipedia (of course double check everything in wikipedia)
    The combined effects of the airplane impacts and subsequent fires caused the buildings to collapse. The impacts severed load bearing columns and dislodged fireproofing from the structural steel. Heat from the fires then gradually weakened the structures, causing the floors to sag and the perimeter columns to bow inwards. The towers collapsed abruptly when the perimeter walls finally buckled. Once the collapse was initiated, the enormous weight of the portion of the towers above the impact areas overwhelmed the load bearing capacity of the structures beneath them. Total collapse was then inevitable.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaps...d_Trade_Center

On top of that the damage occured on multiple floors.
    Last edited by rogue; 08-14-2006 at 07:56 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.