Thread: CKF Application Clips.

Threaded View

“which is the oldest version of sam jien kuen you are aware of? is there any fiitage that can be seen on youtube? I have seen five ancestors version, several white crane versions, of course the okinawan versions. I believe you had mentioned taizhu?”

Hi Ten,

Which is the oldest? Like I said before, if I consider historical chronology, I would say Taizhu.

Is this a Taizhu invention; no I think the root stretches all the way back into Shaolin Lohan boxing philosophy. I know I am not alone in this opinion. I interact with many CMA scholars and this view is actually shared.

Variety of Sanchins that are commonly talked about:-

1. Yong Chun White Crane – You can find this in Martin Watts’ site.
    2. Shaking Crane – Their site carries pictures of this version.
    3. Feeding Crane – Sifu Liu Chang I’s tape features 2 forms and one of them is Sanchin.

Wuzhu (GM Kan Teck Guan’s line) does 3 separate Sanchin forms:-

1. 7 Steps Sanchin
    2. Heaven, Earth and Man Sanchin – I will be posting a short excerpt.
    3. Character 10 Sanchin – This form was posted by me earlier.

Wuzhu from other lines like GM Chua Geok Beng and GM Chee Kim Tong also do their own versions of Sanchins.

There is one version that I saw in West Malaysia many years ago that is really fascinating. This is from, yet, another Wuzhu line and this version is called “White Crane Sanchin”.

Exciting for me because it bears very strong resemblance to one version that I do in Fuzhou Crane.

TaiZhu does 3 sets of Sanchins also known respectively as Heaven, Earth and Man. I will post a short clip of the beginning movements of these.

Now if you look at Fuzhou Cranes; Ancestral and Whooping Crane, you will again find assorted versions.

One in particular should be the focus of karate researchers; the “Tiger Crane Sanchin” done in old Whooping Crane.

Almost mirror image.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am in the midst of organizing all my materials, prints and videos to go on-line. This should be ready in the next couple of weeks I hope and there I will present as much info as possible regarding this subject matter.

Okay 1 short clip and the mock-up of the on-line library site that I am presently working on.

Clip : Me teaching the beginning sequences of TaiZhu Sanchin.

Pic : My soon-to-be launched online MA library. This is a mock-up skin of the entry page.

Regards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9hiiyI4Xk
    Last edited by Eric Ling; 08-17-2006 at 12:46 AM. Reason: grammer