Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
If you grab someone and pull at them, but don't affect their center line or their center of gravity and unbalance them, but use it as a set up for another damaging blow, what technique have you just done?
knifefighter,

i see the opposite of all this. techniques eg lap sao, pak, etc etc all the labels are bullsht. i just think parry, pull, push, open people up, overextend them, off balance, drive in wedge, keeping other hand up in boxing combos, or wu sao in wingchun etc theyve been more important to me than actual techniques.

eg kuzushi is a principle not a technique. to me in stand up grappling kuzushi is as important as technique no? eg even if i dont have good technique in the particular throw to use given the position were in or what the situation determines good kuzushi and i can use that to keep from gettin hit with as much power, make my hits more effective, move to the position i want etc...

actually i aint gonna get into principles or concepts ill get hit over the head with the dictionary...

i see analysis paralysis in wing chun every **** milimiter movement has a different name etc kills it, just timing distance structure position etc keeps it more simple get in there and ruck