FP -- regarding DC's tai chi / kung fu videos -- I haven't seen them, so I can't really comment on the content or their value. My impression is that they are pretty basic workout / form type videos and there are other instructors on there demonstrating stuff as well. Personally, I can't ever see watching them myself -- I have enough material and instructors and friends who practice already and I'm content with my own progress. I'm sure part of it is him cashing in a bit on his celebrity, which I am fine with -- I'm sure some people have gotten something out of them, and it's everyone's right to make a buck

I like some of the suggestions you made for the lead role -- Russell Wong in particular has been one of my favorite Asian American actors over the years and I think he would definitely have the charisma to pull off the role. To be honest, I'm not sure why everyone is fussing so much about the racial makeup of the role -- if KCC is supposed to be half American and half Asian, then couldn't he look mostly American, mostly Asian, or a mix of the two? Does it really matter that much?

And you seem to imply that having James Hong would be a poor choice -- how so? He is a living legend in my eyes -- other than the recently departed Mako, can you think of a more recognizable Asian American actor ever? He has had over 450 movie and TV roles in his 50+ year career -- that is a truly staggering body of work -- and his role as the immortal David Lo Pan in John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China is enough to cement his status as a "god walking among mere mortals" in the acting world. He worked with Nicholson in 2 films -- Chinatown and The Two Jakes, with Harrison Ford in Blade Runner, has been on Seinfeld and numerous TV shows, and also is a founder of the oldest Asian American theater in Los Angeles -- the guy has literally done everything. And lets not forget that he was a frequent guest on the original Kung Fu TV series!

It seems like you are dooming this project before it even starts -- the casting hasn't even been made, and the producers have already stated that DC will not be involved. For someone who obviously dislikes DC so strongly, I am guessing that you probably didn't enjoy the series that much, and wonder why you even care about the movie? Obviously Donnie Yen or Mark Dacascos are two of my favorite actors as well, but I don't think you necessarily need a kung fu superstar for this movie -- not sure what you are expecting out of the movie, but I would hope for more of a philisophical piece of work than a balls-to-the-wall action piece. Hey -- maybe if we're lucky, they'll get Steven Seagal -- here is a preview: All I want to do is walk the stupid path of peace, but you're forcing me to walk the path of pieces