Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe View Post
Okay, okay.

DISCLAIMER:
The poster known as CaptinPickAxe aka Kyle Johnson will make post that can be interpreted as offensive. However, his posts are aimed at people who:
A. Think that MMA isn't effective AT ALL
B. Those who don't train alive or to fight
C. Talk tough on an internet forum but leave it at that
D. Have no real experience in said matter

Please excuse any miscommunication and resulting hurt feelings. Kyle Johnson loves you if you have hurt yourself durring training and would like buy you multiple beers and listen to your stories while showing wounds.

I didn't mean to use the shotgun method.
So if I just show you my messed up toes from kicking people in karate, or the scars on my back from the time I got taken down on the pavement, x-rays of multiple jaw fractures, then I'll get free beers? Wow ... where do you live?

Serioiusly, though, I don't dispute that MMA trains more alive than a lot of CMA. I just don't think it's realistic because of the rules like no groin kicks, no hits to the back of the head (Salaverry got called on that one last night), back, etc.

But I don't have anyplace to train my own takedowns around here. Everybody wants you to train THEIR stuff. That's my biggest gripe with CMA is they waste people's time on stupid forms and make people start over at every new school.

I hate CMA worse than MMA because even if MMA people do stuff that's kindof lame, at least they're more open about training.