Because of work and school for a Master's program over the last two years I have not been able to devote enough time to the basics (also a little laziness thrown in). Stance training, repetition training (constantly refining a technique or skill such as blocking and trapping or developing the 'snap' necessary to throw) for several minutes have stagnated (and even regressed). With so many videos on Youtube that I catch of refined kung fu skills and realizing my limitations, I need to devote more time to 'the basics.' For the last two weeks, I have been able to practice stance training outside of class four times each week. I have to start out in short increments (1 min. each - per side where it pertains). This week I also began my repetition training - shadow boxing with a towel held between both hands in order to develop 'snap' for throws, joint locks, etc. There is still more that I need to add in to regain previous levels but I am trying. Does anyone else run into this issue when they begin learning advanced techniques?