Gidday,

First post on this forum and have been enjoying reading over old threads. The thread on Sifu Chan Tai-San has been especially interesting and enjoyable.

Putting the feelers out there to see if I can get some advice on an upcoming chance in our club...

I am helping my Sifu to introduce a Level/ Grade system into our classes. We have been training now for four years and some of us, including our Sifu, want to bring a more focused and succinct training regime to the classes.

In my mind, the purpose of introducing a Level/ Grade system would be to 1) formally codify and structure the curriculum to streamline teaching and learning and 2) provide beginners with a framework in which to measure themselves against in their training goals.

On the other side of the coin, we want to avoid the mc-gwoon “you want this belt, you learn this pattern, next belt, next pattern ….etc etc etc” mentality…

Its early days so any advice, feedback from personal or similar experiences at this conceptual stage would be useful.

Cheers and thanks.