Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
Actually, Robert was already using the term "body structure" and Mike was more into "groundpath" and peng, but they were talking about similar things.
I agree somewhat. I think Mike was more into "groundpath" and "peng".
Don't totally recall if Robert was already using the term "body structure". It didn't seem like it to me but it was a long time ago.

To me though, the themes were interchangable. It created a similar scenario just on a different mailing list.

Regardless of who came first, everything I'm talking about applies to both buzzwords.

The tests are just teaching devices IMO, a means of giving the trainee feedback on their ability to use their body in a certain way. That's all.
I think they became more than that.
The buzzwords grew into something a little less about teaching and more about either sticking it someone or recruiting someone by setting a test and then offering to teach them how to pass it.

As I see it, WCK is a skill that is comprised of a number of basic sub-skills. Those sub-skills can be combined in different ways and to differing degrees (sometimes one skill is emphasized and another absent) to produce differing approaches. Hawkins/Robert emphaizes a certain way of using the body which is central to their approach. Others can differ. In the end, it boils down to what you can do.
Agreed.
But as I was saying, they've assigned a value to a sub-skill (as you call it). I then decide how much training effort, money, time etc. I'm going to commit to that.

You have given it a lower value by using the term "sub-skill". Others have assigned a higher value by emphasizing words like "basic" or saying it's been around for a long time hence it's important.