Quote Originally Posted by P. Starr View Post

In the AAU compedtition program there was, I repeat, NEVER anything awarded for someone who "looked like he was doing kung-fu." Lkfmdc, Where on earth did you ever come up with that notion? Do you have one of the old competition rules handbooks? I do. If you will kindly direct me to the pages where that statement is made, I'll concede. But it just isn't there. Never was.

The rules were NOT made so that only kung-fu people could fight in our tournaments. Many karate stylists did. How many of our tournaments did you attend?
I sat in every meeting trying to establish AAU in NY, for almost a year.... and as we both know nothing really ever got done.... TCMA is always about politics but both Jeff Bolt's organization and the USA WKF did events in NY, they apparently got past the politics. Thre was a lot more to why AAU didn't work in NY, but that was like 20 years ago so why even dig it up?

So, since the insurance is, as you claim, a mere $600 would you want to purchase it for us so we can have a full-contact event?

Sure, if you give me every penny of the registration money you collect

No one else is much interested in such an event...so it'd pretty much consist of only two schools getting involved.
Yeah, you can get 300 schools involved in forms and weapons competition but when it comes to full contact fighting, no one seems interested. That is precisely what is wrong with Chinese martial art today

I'm just thinking of conducting a traditional-type event here...to promote the traditional martial arts as opposed to the sports-oriented stuff which so many people think is the REAL thing. I have no interest in seeing who's the toughest or who has the biggest ****. I'm way too old for that foolishness and in any case, it certainly isn't martial arts.
Nah, wouldn't want to have any realistic contact fighting would we?

That's my point, exactly, you have no interest in fighting events.

It's hysterical that you call full contact fighting "sports oriented" yet ignore that you are promoting forms, weapons and POINT SPARRING