Sorry Fu Pow I am not that fast a poster. It takes me a while to type things up.

Quote Fu pow: What do you keep this ready to post around?

You're going to take the weakest examples and say that this is indicative of everyone and every style. That's totally illogical.
Actually, I was sent half of them from my former roommate and the rest I looked up on you tube in order to draw a comparison so as not to seem like i was picking on anyone style or teacher.

Are you saying that these people are the weakest examples of Kung fu? Can you provide better examples of Kung fu self defense? I have been looking at video of Ying ming yang the Chin-na guy, Kenpo videos, silat and many others and they all seem to showing the same kind of material. Not saying all of their techniques are ineffective but a majority of it I would say “Yes it is nonsense.”

Fu Pow
How many ways can build a house with the same materials? How many ways can you cook food with the same ingredients?
Well, argument wise this is comparing apples to oranges but I’ll make it fit. A poorly built home will not provide shelter for long and will crumble. Poorly cooked food would not be eaten unless it is the last resort. Even if you use the same ingredients in a dish one will prove to be tastier and the more effective combination. It is still apples and oranges but a poorly developed Martial Artist will be less effective than a properly prepared, blah,blah blah Martial artist/MMAer/fighter.

Fu pow
To ignore that diversity or shun it is to lose out
That is why you taste, test, observe, test, test, test, test and did I say test something till proven to be useful. This is the way you advance in anything. If not, you may be holding onto something that’s not worth a dam.

Fu pow
So don't try to make MMA about training for "self-defense", that may be a side benefit but the focus is always on competition and those competitions are used as the criteria for what is considered valid and what is not.
Techniques not used in MMA or certain venues like, neck cracks, two handed neck chokes, throws that drop people on their heads, using the point of the elbow, fish hooking, small joint/finger manipulation, or what ever does not mean they do not train them. Do you think so-called MMAers do not actually practice these things? You do understand that most MMAers go to several different schools and learn Muay Thai, Judo, Boxing, ect,ect right? You do understand that a majority of the people training with a MMA mindset will never see the cage or the ring but the percentage of them fighting full contact and testing their skill is greater than 90%.
This will prepare them more than anything I have seen in TMA, TCMA, or even BS MMA schools. If you just did slow roll and technique training grappling would be BS as well.

Fu pow
What I'm saying is there may be some techniques or approaches in TCMA that do not currently exist in the curricula and will help you win matches
I understand what you are saying but can you thus far provide an example?

Fu pow I'm not going to get into the ring vs street argument. That's not the point of this thread. Let's keep it in the ring for now.
The ring gives you one thing those videos and what you are implying do not. In the ring you get hit. Getting used to the notion of being hit and removing that shock fear effect that occurs when you get hit for the first time and your game plan goes out the window.

Fu Pow
I'm just saying that there are some UNIQUE aspects of TCMA in terms of strategy, technique and methodology that WILL find its way into MMA....eventually, despite resistance from its current adherents.
Unique…waiting for an example, plus if you understood MMA they are willing to take in anything that WORKS and will EXPECT it be PROVEN despite the RESISTANCE of those who SWEAR what they do is actually EFFECTIVE. (hehehe see I can do that too)