Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
I think likely the choices of cars were due nearly entirely to the fact that it was 100% GMC product placement. I read an article that was talking about the issues associated with making them transform well, and apparently they had to do a lot of research into the cars themselves to make this believable. The extreme amounts of time required to develop a single 'con or 'bot (something like a full year) in this case likely forced the issue of having to have these sponsors so prevalent. I'm no Transformers die hard purist though.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that the actors ignored the bots TOO well when they were attempting to hide. For instance, any time Frenzy was "sneaking" seemed utterly laughable to me, considering he was 1) constantly making noise, 2) incredibly shiny metal, and 3) a good 3ft tall. There is *no* way that a load of soldiers and police wouldn't notice something like that walking about a tarmac in plain sight.

I still thought the movie was enjoyable though. Needed more gore though (hardly any blood at all...).
Gore was a non-issue in the film, IMO. It was about the battle between autobots and decepticons, no? robots don't bleed. prime specified that the autobots don't hurt humans, and the decepticons are wholly unconcerned with them (don't care if they die) so what point would gore have served?